Looking for a healthy breakfast choice or a pre/post workout snack? This sweet potato protein bread is a flourless, oil-less ‘bread’ and the perfect combination of carbs, protein and fats. Its base is made with nutrient dense sweet potato, the addition of almond butter and a touch of brown sugar will have your taste buds going crazy. A scoop of vanilla protein powder makes this a well balanced breakfast or snack with all your macro nutrients. This ‘bread’ will keep you full and satisfied until your next meal.
It was my first time making a bread using sweet potato, and to be honest I thought it would turn out very dense. But to my surprise, it is amazingly light and fluffy!
Sweet Potato Bread
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x5 bread loaf pan or muffin tin (I used coconut spray) .
- Pierce sweet potato with fork several times, wrap in damp paper towel and microwave for 5-7 min.
- After sweet potato is soft, scoop out inside and place in bowl. Mash with fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan of muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes.